Cotswolds Barn Conversion
DHVA Architects have successfully achieved planning consent convert two historic barns on the edge of Costwolds into a family home.
The stone stable and cart shed barns date from 1816. Local vernacular building shapes and materials provided the inspiration for the design of the extension. Corrugated metal and timber slats will complement the Lias stone and clay tile roofs of the retained structures. The surrounding land is in the process of being transformed from a barren concrete post-agricultural landscape into a wildlife and biodiversity haven. The new dwelling will be net zero carbon.